Sunday, 22 February 2015

GOtv is presently making waves in the TV digital signal Programme services in Nigeria and Africa. It is very cheap to buy and use but unfortunately, not many people can successfully install GOtv. Maybe you are reading this post because you wish to know how to install GOtv. Do not worry, I shall explain to you in details the easy way to install GOtv digital TV channel service and make it work perfectly without problems.

GOtv technology is based on the Digital Video Broadcast – Terrestrial DVB - T. This may sound a bit technical for you but it basically means the nature of signal propagation for GOtv. To receive GOtv signal, an antenna is mounted to a reasonable height devoid of obstructions around its surrounding air space.
 
You may have seen communication masts as mounted by telecommunication service providers like MTN, GLO etc. Such masts transmit signals belonging to such network providers all round within a geographical area. This technology is similar to the GOtv mode of signal transmission. Once your antenna is mounted within the catchment area of the GOtv mast, the antenna is bound to receive such signal.
 

So How Do I install GOtv?


GOtv is usually sold with a unique antenna which is compatible to its decoder. Do not attempt to use just any Ariel antenna on the GOtv decoder. It will not just work. Find a long towering pole and make sure your GOtv is fastened and raised high above the roof level of your premises. This is necessary to prevent obstructions of signals by any object.
Easy way to install GOtv
 
Once the antenna has been mounted, run the connection cable from the antenna down to the decoder and power on. Allow your decoder to initialize and initiate a scan. Please note that at the point of purchase, a maiden scan would be performed on your GOtv decoder prior to the GOtv account activation. Also note that for your GOtv decoder to start showing live channels, you need to recharge it. You can read up on how to load  the DStv and GOtv scratch cards for subscription using new text message code. Back to the issue at hand, at the maiden scan, this is where some parameters like the date and language of the decoder are set. Any other subsequent scans would only be to search for available signal before your decoder starts showing.
 
After home scan and no signal is detected, swivel the antenna to change its direction. A new signal level comes with a new antenna direction. At this point, try and rescan your decoder. This process is repeated until a direction is located where the GOtv signal is fully picked. A successful scan of all the available channels signals the perfect position for the GOtv antenna.
 
At this signal-full direction, lock your antenna tightly unto that position and you are done with your antenna. Please ensure that the points of attachment of the connection cable to other parts of your GOtv system is firmly attached. If they wobble or get lose, partial contact results and signal loss becomes inevitable.
 
Installing a GOtv is usually achievable with minimal stress and time. It does not require any technical expertise or skill but be careful, meticulous observation is needed to recognize that perfect signal position. I seriously recommend the use of a tough and rigid metal or any other material of this standard for the Ariel antenna. This is to prevent heavy wind or rain storm from forcefully blowing and changing the direction of the antenna pole. If the antenna could be made to retain its rigid position, signal loss would be minimized.
 
It is easy right? Why not give it a shot. If you however encounter any challenges or still have questions as regards to the easy way to install GOtv digital TV service, please do not hesitate to ask me by dropping your comment below. Let your friends know about this easy method of installing GOtv by sharing with them on social media buttons below. Thanks and cheers!

27 comments:

  1. Plz, I have the old type of outdoor antenna that used to be sold with the Gotv decoder but I see that a new type is now being sold. Does the old outdoor antenna still work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Stef, thank you for engaging me on my blog. Yes, the old type of GOtv antenna still works. It is just matter of comfort in design which brought about the newer type of antenna. The technology and compatibilities of the old and new types of antennas are the same. Ride on with it dear Stef!

      Delete
  2. Good day, I just want to know if its possible to convert my DSTV to a GoTV system while maintaining my DSTV hardwares. Is it possible ? SOS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear reader, thank you for your interest in my blog. Although your DStv decoder may look similar to a GOtv set up box, both are completely different. They are engineered on different types of digital decoding softwares which appear on your TV screen as that interphase you view. The technology of operation in both of them are completely different hence, it is NOT possible to convert your DStv decoder to a GOtv. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please I don't know why I only got few channels On my gtv I'm only seeing 22 channels I have antenal strength 73 and quality 60 please what do I have to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear user, thank you for your interest in my work. This is a clear indication of poor signal quality. It does not matter if your signal value is 100%, if it does not translate into the normal number of channels you are supposed to have, then try some of these steps;
      ...try raising the height of your GOtv antenna higher
      ...try adjusting the direction very little on both sides. When you do, try and run a rescan of your decoder.
      ...is there any physical obstacle blocking your antenna from the free sky? maybe buildings or trees. Even if these objects are not too close but they are still in the line where your antenna is positioned, then they could be responsible. Try these out and revert to me for more professional advice. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Should my antenna be inside or outside? I can't climb buildings and roofs. Inside attached to my window the signal strenght is zero but I get one channel clear 99. Pls help. I just subscribed today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear reader, thank you for your interest in my blog. It is widely recommended that you position your antenna outside and high enough to tower above any physical obstacles like buildings or trees. You may get a long iron pole upon which you will fix the antenna, raise it high enough and I'm sure your signal will smile back at you. Then try and run a rescan of your decoder. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Good day, please can I go by the same way you did for dstv extra view from an other TV set using 1 decoder.I mean can I connect my gotv the same way you spoke about dstv connection from decoder to another TV using the same decorder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aderonmu, thank you for picking interest in my work. If I got you right, you wish to connect an extra TV to your one GOtv decoder right? In this case, the extended wire connection for the extra TV should be connected behind the GOtv decoder through its RF-OUT port. Then connect the other end of the wire to the extra TV through your TV's ANTENNA-IN port, rescan the TV as if you are searching for local channels and you will pick up signal from your GOtv decoder.

      Delete
  7. How can I connect extra TV set to my gotv decoder a part from the main TV set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I answered your question?
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can i unlock the gotv channels i receive on my T2 decoder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear reader, is your T2 decoder a GOtv branded decoder? If yes, then ensure you subscribe properly by paying for any GOtv bouquet of your choice to have the channels unlocked. If not, sorry...you may not be able to access GOtv programs using another decoder brand. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. I was watching a movie on my gotv when all of a sudden the Samsung TV screen went blank and came up with 'the source is not connected, please check the connection again' Please do you have any suggestions as to what might be the issue?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just relocate to a new abode but after mounting my gotv antenna, it does not recieve any signal and I accidentally press a yes when asked if a new user; I have not been able to rest it since. It keep displaying language , country etc. How do I reset this so that I can enjoy GOTV? Double-Joy from Ijebu-Ode.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought this gotv decoder,after mounting,the highest signal strength I got was 74percent and 100percent signal quality,I have not been enjoying it because of the E48-32 error,please what can I do,I guess 74percent signal is enough to prevent the ish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot brother for the bunch of useful information, I am truly impressed!! plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for giving lot of information provide to me and this site very useful to all. digital tv aerial installatio

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi. Are there any gotv decoders sold without an antenna? I have moved houses recently and can't seem to get my decoder to work. I keep getting error E48-32. I'm told that means there's no signal. However I do not have an antenna to adjust as I have never needed to in the past. I only plugged in the TV to the aerial wall in my previous house but here there's no place to plug in. What to do?

    ReplyDelete
  17. please how can i bring out the sound of my Gotv channels,all the channel are not bringing out sounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, you need to verify there is no contact error nor physical connection error. Then check the MWNU on installation or TV Setup to ensure the parameter were gotten well.

      Delete

Followers

Translate to your Language

RECENT COMMENTS

Selectable text below
Recent conversations My DigiTech Media Blog

SUBSCRIBE TO FREE POST ALERTS

It is FREE!
Enter your email address:



Delivered by FeedBurner

IMPORTANT: After Email submission,
go to your inbox and
click on the link sent to you to complete your enlistment

Popular Posts

BECOME OUR FACEBOOK FAN

Blog Archive