Monday, 28 July 2014

Using a digital cable and satellite television service like your DStv could be a wonderful entertainment experience, but most times, has its challenges. To enable you maximize its use, it is important to know best ways to resolve most challenges without having to put a phone call across to the DStv Call Centre. Due to the prevalent nature of the DStv and other cable and satellite TV technologies in Nigeria, millions of subscribers like you frequently encounter these problems. Therefore, I decided to write this post to enlighten you on how to troubleshoot your DStv decoder with ease.

Some of these simple challenges are seen in – clearing your E16 - 4 and other related error messages after subscription renewal, loss of signal, E06 - 4 errors, BE1 errors and so on.
NOTE: it is strongly advised to upgrade your decoder software whenever it prompts you to. This ensures optimal functioning of your decoder device.
 

Troubleshooting your E16 - 4 (you are not enabled to view this channel or your account has been suspended

One of the greatest challenges facing subscribers is the failure to get their channels restored after payment. Therefore, getting to know how to clear the E16 – 4 message will definitely help you enjoy your DStv. Interestingly, this particular error is most prevalent among all users of DStv in Nigeria.

We may choose to call it a Self-help method. This error message sometimes come with a similar error code E32 – 4. However, the duo are not the same. Sighting E32 – 4, simply tune it to any subscribed channel and let it remain undisturbed for minutes. This usually clears after a while, on its own accord.


However, E16 – 4 possesses more challenges as it requires some actions before it could be cleared. Simply pick up your phone and send an SMS while leaving the channels on. Type “RA your smartcard number” then send SMS to 30333. ;
For instance; RA 4258000000 and send to 30333.
This works best for subscribers in Nigeria, West and Central Africa regions. Within seconds, you get an instant response that “the reauthorization is in progress”. The E16 – 4 message usually clears within some instance.
However, if your channels refuse to come up, then it could be that your account was duly credited with your payment but was not reconnected. Other cable and satellite TV brands in Nigeria also have similar problems with each having its peculiar means of troubleshooting the decoder. However, I am only concerned with the DStv decoder troubleshooting for the sake of this post.

Troubleshooting your E06 – 4 (your smartcard is faulty or inserted upside down)

You may have experienced your decoder display messages like E06 – 4 your smartcard is faulty or inserted upside down…. Or you may be trying to use another person’s smartcard. Firstly, we need to know that every smartcard is married to a particular decoder, where it could only be used. Therefore trying to use a smartcard from another decoder unto another can never work and you are strongly advised not to.
When you decoder displays such message, gently pull out the smartcard while the decoder is on. If the message changes to “Please insert your smartcard”, gently clean the golden chip on card with a clean cloth and reinsert properly.

However, if the information on screen remains “your smartcard is faulty”, gently lift your decoder up and apply some gentle tap from the bottom until the message changes to “please insert your smartcard. Then you reinsert the card after gently cleaning the golden chip on card.

Once the message reads “the decoder is checking your smartcard and verifying your current subscription status”, then congratulations! You have been able to correct the anomaly.
However, if this error message sustains after taking all these measures, then simply take your decoder to any MultiChoice or DStv office nearby for assistance.

Troubleshooting your DStv Decoder Signal Loss

Have you ever switched on your decoder to discover that the scanning page could not load its numeric values, or that it takes a very long time to complete its scan, or some or all channels get still or make some crack-like moves? Have you ever seen error messages like “Connection to your DStv signal is lost or could not be established? These are evidences of weak or loss of signal. The problem of DStv decoder signal loss is very prevalent as the cable and satellite TV technology is weak in the face of Nigeria's customary rainy or bad weather conditions.

In all these situations, the troubleshooting procedures entails checking your signal wire port behind your decoder to confirm if it is firmly connected. If so, then send for an accredited DStv technician or installer to work on the signal path – the dish, LNB and the connection cable.
However, on extreme cases, some decoders could develop signal detection problems. When advised by a technician as the source of the problem, subscriber should then take the decoder to any MultiChoice branch for repairs.
 

Troubleshooting your DStv Decoder BE1 Errors

This error code may be what you see on the front panel of some decoders like the PVRs, DSD 990s and the 1110s without any image or information displayed on the TV screen. Although such occurrence is not prevalent, subscribers are however advised to take their decoder to any nearby MultiChoice or DStv office for assistance anytime it occurs.

Do you occasionally have bad experiences with your DStv decoder and you don't really know how to troubleshoot it, now is the time to ask questions using my comment box below. If you have ideas or wish to share anything through My Digi-Tech Media Blog, your comments are also highly welcome.

It is said that information is power. By sharing this post or blog with your friends on Facebook and other social media, you impart more knowledge. I welcome you to join me on the social buttons by the right side of this blog for more interesting relations in promoting prevalent technologies in Nigeria, which the cable and satellite TV technology is one.

43 comments:

  1. I want a solution every tym i switch on my decoder it switches off its self

    ReplyDelete
  2. I inserted a smart card into another decoder and saying not pairing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had been struggeling with my dstv connection since sunday.nothing is happening my tv show no signal and on my decoder my orange light is on the whole time and my red and green lights are flickering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi nick hw do u fix dat mine just did dat tonigh

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Power supply. Not power cable. Go to your nearest DStv dealer, and buy a 12 volt 1.5 amp power supply. Now go home and connect it to your decoder. Voila!

      Delete
  4. Picture distortion on certain channels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a problem with my DSTV Explora. It would not boot up on power up and shows a Red exclamation mark on the Status Screen. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear reader, your Explora needs a hard reset which is most safely done by qualified technicians. I advise you take the decoder to any nearby DStv outlet to fix it. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I am trying to connect my HD decoder but I am failing to scan. I get a message that says the signal strength or signal quality is poor. What can I do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to connect my HD decoder but I am failing to scan. I get a message that says the signal strength or signal quality is poor. What can I do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The channels does'nt want to come out and i keep restarting the decorder

    ReplyDelete
  9. the remote does not work on the second TV

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi guys how to remove Error E16-4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi guys how to remove error E16-4.my decoder plays only channel 100 and 180 i don'y know why

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is the problem when there is an orande light and a red light on the decoder display, and on the tv no signal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dstv is showing MNet highlights if I want to chance it then it shows no signal

      Delete
  13. What is the software i can use to clear the BE1 error on my DSTV dual view decoder.I took it to DSTV Zambia i was told they do not have the software for that type of decoder

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dstv decoder is continuously flashing the red, orange and red light and is not responding to the remote control.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dstv decoder is continuously flashing the red, orange and red light and is not responding to the remote control.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my dstv quality is cracking and the signal strength is 86% and the signal quality is 4%. what should I DO.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My decoder 1110 is always giving me problems it always gives me scratches and it jams signal strength is at 95% wer de quality pic is at 100% please help?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hy guys how to remove error E37-32.My decoder doesn't play at all and I don't know why

    ReplyDelete
  19. My DSTV explora keeps switching on and off. What could be the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  20. My explora keep givjng message E48-32. I have tge installation checked and no problem been found. It freezes for no reason and recordings stop before and of the progeam. Piece of sh...

    ReplyDelete
  21. My explora keep givjng message E48-32. I have tge installation checked and no problem been found. It freezes for no reason and recordings stop before and of the progeam. Piece of sh...

    ReplyDelete
  22. The lights on the decoder is flashing and you cannot switch it off red,green and yellow light what can be the problem

    ReplyDelete
  23. The lights on the decoder is flashing and you cannot switch it off red,green and yellow light what can be the problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power supply cable is faulty

      Delete
    2. Faulty power supply. Go to your nearest DStv dealer, and buy a 12 volt 1.5 amp power supply. Now go home and connect it to your decoder. Voila!

      Delete
  24. My DSTV is doing 3 strange things, but without any error signal:

    The TV guide has gone from showing the 3 line lineup to only 2 lines,
    If I try to record, it gives me the option, but doesn't actually do the recording, and
    the Box Office movies no longer load.

    Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to reboot ur decoder. Press & hold the power button for 5 seconds..the decoder should reboot

      Delete
  25. Mail text has got stuck on my screen how do i remove the test message from my screen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enter your mail through the MENU until you are reading a message. A press of the RIGHT CORNER button among the 4 corner directional buttons will start deleting the mail messages one after another. The stubborn envelope disappears as soon as the last message in your mailbox is deleted

      Delete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My DSTV explora takes about 1hr to load. This just started happening. How do i resolve this?

    ReplyDelete
  28. How do I clear error code E16-4. I paid already

    ReplyDelete
  29. No more error codes and troubles while subscribing, paying and renewing your DStv plan with https://www.vtpass.com/dstv

    ReplyDelete
  30. My decoder in on and the green light is on but the tv is not getting the signal I've changed all the cables but still the same and it's doesn't respond on remote control

    ReplyDelete
  31. My decoder was not on use for more than one year. Now I have subscribed 9 days ago but not able to watch.
    Have called their office, taken it to their shop etc they all said the did reset but to no avail.they asked me to wait for it to connect self and I've been waiting for more than a week.
    Still showing
    "E30-4"
    Please what can I do

    ReplyDelete
  32. My explora decoder only shows a red exclamation mark and its not even showing anythng else how do i fix it

    ReplyDelete
  33. My explora decoder only shows a red exclamation mark and its not even showing anythng else how do i fix it

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Translate to your Language

RECENT COMMENTS

Selectable text below
Recent conversations My DigiTech Media Blog

SUBSCRIBE TO FREE POST ALERTS

It is FREE!
Enter your email address:



Delivered by FeedBurner

IMPORTANT: After Email submission,
go to your inbox and
click on the link sent to you to complete your enlistment

Popular Posts

BECOME OUR FACEBOOK FAN